TV systems and Cameras
All camera test and inventory files are located under
Information on all cameras is available in the .xls book "Complete_Cameralist.xls".
For any information and problems related to TV and cameras, please use the email list email@example.com.
Protocols of (older) camera meetings
TV meeting (Jan 25, 2011) (Memo)
Camera meeting (Feb 9, 2011).
Grygorii's presentation (Jul 7, 2011) (Memo)
TV meeting (Nov 24, 2016) (Discussion Round)
TV meeting (Dec 3, 2018) (Task list)
Adding Cameras to the Video System
PITZ Video Server List
for tunnel cameras
for tunnel cameras
for laser room cameras
Check Functionality before Updating Video System Configuration:
- Check, whether the camera can be turned on
Check, for prosilica cameras, whether the correct camera s/n is appearing/disappearing in Allied Vision Technologies SampleViewer application on PITZ video server
- Use WIN\pzvideo account to open Remote Desktop Connection to the corresponding video server
Obtain UniqueID of (newly installed) camera (either via AVT SampleViewer: 'UniqueID' or via Complete_Cameralist.xls: 'UniqueID') from n:\4groups\zn_pitz\controls\VideoSystem\documentation\cameralist\Complete_Cameralist.xls
Modify PITZ Video System Repository Configuration Files
Change <CameraUID> value (Camera's UniqueID) of camera in all IScr-files with that camera port name (e.g. "ISrc[Low.Scr1 (Bin2x2)].xml" and "ISrc[Low.Scr1 (full)].xml") at n:\4groups\zn_pitz\controls\VideoSystem\PITZ-VSv3\settings
- As a cross-check: check whether the previous CameraUID matches the Unique ID of the previously installed camera piece at that camera port
Push (update) Configuraion Files to each PITZ Video Server Host
- Open special cmd.exe (runas.exe /user:WIN\pzvideo cmd.exe)
Call the script \\win.desy.de\group\zn\4groups\zn_pitz\controls\VideoSystem\PITZ-VSv3\update_single_host_local_settings_cache.cmd to push (update) the changes made to ISrc-files to all video servers
- Call the script up to three times: each time with a host name of a video server as parameter (see table of video server hosts above)
Verify that your changes to PITZ Video System are working properly
Note: You need to test one Prosilica server per Host with each changed camera port name.
E.g. if Low.Scr1 has been exchanged and tunnel video servers are znpvs1 and znpvs2, the following tests need to be done:
Select the TINE video server you'll test the camera with
- Connect TV1S.Pros.q to Low.Scr1 (Bin2x2)
- Connect TV1S.Pros.q to Low.Scr1 (Full)
- Connect TV2S.Pros.q to Low.Scr1 (Bin2x2)
- Connect TV2S.Pros.q to Low.Scr1 (Full) (q = 1, 2)
- In VS Control Panel, connect one of the changed camera port names to a TINE video server (TV1S.Pros.1): Is it successful?
- Once a camera port is connected successfully to Video Client 3 and video is shown properly (poll mode is on, video images are updated constantly): Unpower the camera (will the video images freeze almost immediately?). Power the camera on at the camera port via the jDDD panel (Will the video images unfreeze after some time? It needs some seconds, but less than a minute).
- If all questions can be answered with yes (on each video server host!) the camera has successfully been added to the Video System
- Alignment, focusing, measurement of the scale factors and update of these has to be done
- Put an entry in the PITZ eLogbook and sent to the necessary colleagues (Recommendation: Anne Oppelt, Stefan Weisse, next shift leaders)
- If not already done so, DO NOT FORGET to update the camera documentation (file Complete_Cameralist.xls):
- Note on the sheet of the exchanged camera where it has been removed from (camera port), by whom and when, by reason of X (e.g. images too noisy, camera stopped working 20180528A)
- Note on the sheet of the newly installed camera where it has been installed, by whom and when